Warming Chicken and Asian Vegetable Soup
Comforting chicken noodle soup with fresh ginger, snow peas, and mint.
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless, cut into thin slivers
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbs chili paste
- 1 piece ginger, about 4 inches wide, unpeeled, chopped coarsely
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, place chicken broth, chili paste, ginger, and sesame oil. Bring mixture to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes.
- In another large pot, place chicken slices and carrots. Strain heated broth over chicken and carrots. Simmer over medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in snow peas; simmer 1 minute. Stir in scallions, bean sprouts, and mint; simmer an additional 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 59 (38%)
(10%)Total Fat 6g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.