Warm Mushroom and Chicken Salad Provençal
An elegant chicken salad served in crisp lettuce cups makes a gorgeous presentation for company.
- 12 oz boned and skinned chicken breasts, cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cups baby carrots (about 8 ounces)
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, quartered (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and seeded sliced cucumbers
- 4 cups lettuce leaves
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add chicken and carrots; cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute longer. Using a slotted spoon remove chicken and vegetable mixture to a serving bowl; set aside.
- Heat juices in skillet over high heat until reduced to 1 tablespoon, about 3 minutes. Pour over reserved chicken and mushroom mixture; cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Just before serving add cucumbers and toss with Tarragon Dressing. Serve in lettuce cups.
- Tarragon DressingIn a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, tarragon, salt and pepper.
Calories from Fat 99 (27%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
(46%)Dietary Fiber 11g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.