Walnut-Crusted Roast with Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes
The creaminess of blue cheese and mashed potatoes adds richness to this walnut-crusted roast.
- 1 beef eye round roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes, warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Walnut Crust1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbs finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 325°F. Combine Walnut Crust ingredients; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare doneness. (Do not overcook.)
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.)
- Meanwhile combine mashed potatoes and cheese in large bowl; keep warm.
- Carve beef roast into thin slices; season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Ingredient Tip: Any type of prepared mashed potatoes may be used in this recipe: instant, refrigerated, frozen or homemade.
Calories from Fat 109 (34%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.