Virgin Bell Mary
The Virgin Bell is the benevolent cousin of a Bloody Mary. Add a pinch of cayenne if you like a kick. Perfect for Sunday brunch, straight or spiked!
- 4 cups red bell peppers, stems, seeds, and veins removed (2-3 peppers)
- 1 cucumber, quartered
- 6 ribs celery
- 4-6 sprigs cilantro
- 4-6 sprigs parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1" fresh ginger
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ribs celery (optional, for garnish)
- Juice the bell peppers, cucumber, celery, cilantro, parsley, garlic, and ginger in a juicer.
- Stir in the cayenne, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2005 by Renée Loux
Calories from Fat 21 (13%)
(4%)Total Fat 3g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(54%)Dietary Fiber 13g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.