This classic and dependable veal piccata recipe will wow dinner guests.
- 1 lb veal leg cutlets, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Lemon-Caper Sauce:2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp drained capers
- 1 tsp butter
- Pound veal cutlets to 1/8-inch thickness. Combine flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Lightly coat cutlets with flour mixture.
- Heat 1/2 of oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook cutlets in batches, 2 to 4 minutes or until cooked through, turning once. Remove; keep warm.
- Add wine and lemon juice to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved and sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in capers and butter. Serve over cutlets.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 70 (33%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.