Tuscan White Bean and Tuna Salad
A quick meal for those hot summer days when it’s too warm to cook. Kalamata olives are great in this recipe.
- 3 1/3 cups cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (two 15-ounce cans)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (or fresh parsley)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (340g) tuna in water, canned, (12 ounces), drained and flaked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the beans, oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl and stir together. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Chill.
Calories from Fat 64 (9%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 105g
(107%)Dietary Fiber 27g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.