Tuscan Halibut in Foil
Janice Newell Bissex & Liz Weiss
Kalamata olives, basil, and Parmesan bring a taste of Tuscany to the halibut fillets.
- 4 5 ounce halibut steaks, skin removed
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small zucchini, cut in quarters lengthwise, then sliced in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small yellow squash, cut in quarters lengthwise, then sliced in 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Cut four 12-inch square pieces of aluminum foil and set aside.
- Pat the halibut steaks dry with paper towels. Place one steak in the middle of each piece of aluminum foil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine the zucchini, squash, olives, cheese, olive oil, and basil in a bowl. Divide the mixture evenly and place on top of the halibut steaks (about 1/2 cup per serving). Fold the foil and seal the edges with narrow folds.
- Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 18 minutes.
- Open the packets (be careful of the steam!), place on individual plates, and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 112 (43%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.