This dish has a creamy, flavorful sauce; it's a great way to use leftover turkey or chicken. Use fresh grated Parmesan cheese for the best results.
- 8 oz angel hair pasta, uncooked
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs margarine
- 3 Tbs flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3 Tbs sherry or white wine
- 2 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- dash nutmeg
- 8 oz turkey breast, boneless and skinless, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch (1.5cm) cubes
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook pasta in a large pot of rapidly boiling water until done and drain.
- In large nonstick skillet prepared with vegetable oil spray, sauté mushrooms and garlic until tender.
- Combine mushrooms and cooked pasta in a large casserole dish that has been sprayed with vegetable oil spray.
- In a nonstick saucepan, melt margarine. Blend in flour using a whisk and stirring constantly. Add chicken broth and continue to stir until sauce boils and thickens. Remove sauce from heat; add sour cream, sherry, basil, pepper, nutmeg, and turkey.
- Pour over angel hair mixture. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes until heated thoroughly and lightly browned.
Calories from Fat 154 (31%)
(27%)Total Fat 17g
(41%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 60g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.