Tuna Spinach Salad
Canned tuna and prewashed spinach make this a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- 12 cups pre-washed fresh trimmed spinach
- 1 (7.1-oz.) pouch or 2 - 6 oz.cans drained light tuna or abacore tuna
- 1 cup medium onions, thinly sliced into wedges or rings
- 1 cup crumble blue cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup candied pecans or favorite candied nuts
- Desired amount balsamic vinaigrette or any cream based dressing desired amount
- For each serving, place 3 cups fresh spinach on plate.
- Gently flake 1/2 cup albacore tuna over spinach. Top with 1/4 cup each of onions and crumbled blue cheese.
- Sprinkle salad with 1 to 2 tablespoons candied pecans. Serve with desired amount of dressing.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Serving Suggestion: This salad complements many easy on-hand accompaniments such as fresh berries (raspberry, boysenberry, blue or strawberries), crisp crumbled bacon, or tear drop tomatoes. Try any of these the next time you make this outstanding salad.
Calories from Fat 309 (29%)
(52%)Total Fat 34g
(56%)Saturated Fat 11g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 9g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.