Tropical Chipotle Chicken Skewers
Sweet pineapple contrasts with savory chicken in this mouth-watering dish.
- 3/4 cup low-sodium ketchup
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 32 (about 1 cup) olives, whole, pitted
- 1 cup cubed pineapple (1-inch)
- 8 (12-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in warm water
- Process ketchup, pineapple juice, chilies and garlic in bowl of food processor. Stir in cilantro. Reserve 1 cup sauce for dipping. Pour remaining chipotle sauce into large bowl and combine with chicken. Cover, refrigerate to marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare skewers by threading each with a olive, pineapple chunk and a piece of marinated chicken. Repeat pattern 2 times, then finish each skewer with 1 more olives.
- Grill skewers over medium-high heat for 7 to 9 minutes, turning to cook evenly. Serve 2 skewers on each plate accompanied with 1/4 cup of dipping sauce.
Calories from Fat 74 (23%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.