Thyme-Rubbed Beef Round Tip with Roasted Onion and Pear Wild Rice
Tender roasted round tip mixes with earthy wildrice to the delight of your tastebuds.
- 1 beef round tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 Tbs dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 small firm pears, cut lengthwise in half, cored
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 package (6 to 7 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- Heat oven to 325°F. Combine 1 tablespoon thyme and pepper; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Place pears and onion around roast; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon thyme. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-3/4 to 2 hours for medium rare; 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 140°F for medium rare; 155°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 5°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Meanwhile prepare rice mix according to package directions, omitting butter; keep warm. Coarsely chop pears and onion; stir into rice.
- Carve roast into thin slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with rice mixture.
Calories from Fat 75 (23%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.