The Perfect Bowl of Oatmeal
Start your day with perfection.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (you can also use a multigrain mix of oats, wheat, rye, barley, etc.)
- 1.5 cups water
- ½ - ¾ cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 Tbs chopped walnuts
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup 1% milk, or 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk, or 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Stevia, agave, or honey to taste (no more than 1 Tbsp honey or agave)
- Cook the oats with the water in the microwave for 2 minutes. Stir, and cook again in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes more until all the water is absorbed.
- Stir in the blueberries, cinnamon, and walnuts.
- Stir in the the milk and agave/stevia/honey until the oatmeal is creamy and the consistency you like.
Calories from Fat 66 (30%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 33g
(17%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.