Tex-Mex Scrambled Eggs and Tortillas (Migas)
Queso fresco, green tomatillo salsa, and corn tortillas bring authentic Tex-Mex flavor to the breakfast table.
- 1 cup green (tomatillo) salsa
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 6 6-inch corn tortillas, halved and cut into thin strips
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- Coat 12-inch nonstick skillet with ovenproof handle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add salsa and tomatoes; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add tortilla strips; stir to coat. Cook 1 minute.
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted spatula, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking—pulling, lifting, and folding eggs—until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs. Broil 6 inches from heat until cheese softens, 2–3 minutes.
Calories from Fat 93 (47%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(21%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 16g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.