Teriyaki-Marinated Beef Steak
Marinating the steak in sherry, teriyaki, and ginger overnight results in tender and flavorful beef.
- 1 beef top round steak, cut 1-1/2 inches thick (about 3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup prepared teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbs dry sherry
- 1 Tbs finely chopped fresh ginger
- Combine teriyaki sauce, sherry and ginger in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 25 to 28 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; let stand 10 minutes. Carve into thin slices.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 27 to 29 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning once.
Calories from Fat 162 (39%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 6g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.