Tangy Barbecued Lamb Riblets
Grape jelly and barbecue sauce add surprising zip to these tangy lamb riblets.
- 3 lbs lamb riblets, trimmed
- 1- 1/4 cups prepared barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup grape jelly
- 2 Tbs lime or lemon juice
- 1 Tbs brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cut lamb riblets into 2-rib pieces. Place riblets in large pot; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until jelly is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- When riblets are done, remove from saucepan; discard water. Pat dry with paper towels to remove excess water.
- Grill ribs over medium-hot coals. Cook 4 inches over coals for 10 to 15 minutes, turning and basting frequently.
Calories from Fat 217 (61%)
(37%)Total Fat 24g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.