Super-Creamy Deviled Eggs
Stuffed with buttery beans, these eggs are just as creamy and satisfying as the standard version but with much less saturated fat.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canned butter beans or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 Tbs light mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 Tbs thinly sliced chives or scallions
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer slowly for 12 minutes. Cool under cold running water. Shell by tapping the eggs against the side of the pan and gently removing the shells.
- Cut the eggs lengthwise in half. Place 4 whole yolks in the bowl of a mini food processor and discard the remaining 2 yolks. Add the butter beans or kidney beans, mayonnaise, mustard, and pepper. Blend the mixture until smooth. Add the celery, carrots, and chives or scallions. Process using pulses, just until the vegetables are incorporated.
- Spoon the filling into the hollows of the whites, mounding to fill. Place the egg halves on a platter, cover with plastic, and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve cold.
Copyright © 2005 by Rodale Inc.
Serving Suggestion: Can be made up to 1 day in advance.
Calories from Fat 59 (46%)
(10%)Total Fat 6g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.