Sunny Stacked Tortillas
This Mexican-inspired dish is savory, delicious, and so simple to make!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 3 9-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican four cheese blend
- 3/4 cup chopped ham, or cooked, crumbled bacon (optional)
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 cup salsa
- Heat oven to 375°F. Beat eggs and milk in medium bowl until blended.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted spatula, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking—pulling, lifting, and folding eggs—until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from heat.
- Spray bottom of 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Place one tortilla on the bottom. Top with half of the scrambled eggs, ½ cup cheese, and if desired, ½ cup ham. Top with another tortilla and repeat layers of eggs, cheese, and if desired, ham. Top with remaining tortilla and cheese.
- Bake in 375°F oven until cheese is melted and the dish is heated through, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro; cut into six wedges. Serve with salsa.
Calories from Fat 129 (43%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(31%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.