Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Spinach, Apricots and Goat Cheese
A down-home country pork roast married to a sophisticated medley of fruit, vegetables, rice, cheese, and spices.
- 1 8 oz pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup cooked long-grain wild rice blend
- 2 Tbs dried apricots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup baby spinach
- 3 Tbs goat cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Butterfly cut the pork tenderloin lengthwise.
- In a bowl, combine cooked rice, apricots, garlic, and rosemary; salt and pepper to taste.
- Place spinach along the center of the pork, top with goat cheese and wild rice mixture.
- Roll the pork tenderloin, ensuring the stuffing is bound in the center. Using butchers' twine, securely tie the stuffed pork. Rub the outside of the roll with Dijon mustard.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place pork roll in skillet and brown lightly, turning until meat is a consistent pinkish brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove butchers' twine and slice inch-wide cross sections. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 138 (40%)
(24%)Total Fat 16g
(27%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.