Rich colors and fresh ingredients are the star of this healthful, tasty and chef inspired tostada.
- 2 1/2 cups (about 3/4 pound) fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1/2 lb jicama, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp minced jalapeño peppers
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1 lb avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 6 (6-inch) yellow corn tortillas
- chili powder
- 6 Tbs crumbled queso fresco
- 6 cilantro sprigs
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Heat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. In large bowl, mix together strawberries, jicama, cilantro, peppers and lime juice. Add avocados; fold together gently. Season with salt.
- Arrange tortillas on oven rack in one layer. Toast about 10 minutes or until crisp and starting to brown. Mound 1 cup strawberry mixture in center of each tortilla. Sprinkle each tostada with chili powder and 1 tablespoon queso fresco. Garnish with 1 cilantro sprig and 1 lime wedge.
Calories from Fat 119 (47%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(32%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.