Strawberry Souffle Pancake
A fluffy, sweet and satisfying breakfast dish that is elegant enough to serve for dinner.
- Batter:2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 9 large egg yolks
- 3 oz butter, melted
- 4 Tbs Grand Marnier
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 8 1/2 oz all-purpose flour
- Strawberry Topping:1 1/2 lbs strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup clarifed butter
- powdered sugar, as needed
- maple syrup, as needed
- Batter:In mixer bowl, using whisk attachment, mix 1 quart of the half-and-half, egg yolks, butter, Grand Marnier, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt until blended. Gradually add flour, mixing just until combined (batter will be lumpy.) Stir in remaining 1 1/2 quarts half-and-half. Cover and refrigerate, if made ahead.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- For each serving, to order: In bowl, combine 1 cup strawberries and 1 tablespoon sugar; set aside. In separate bowl, beat1/2 cup egg whites to soft peaks; set aside. In third bowl, combine 3/4 cup batter and 1/2 of the sugared strawberries (with juices); gently fold in beaten egg whites.
- In small (7-inch) heatproof nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon clarified butter over medium heat until hot. Add strawberry batter; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until edges are set. Transfer skillet to oven; bake 10 to 12 minutes or until pancake is lightly browned and center is set. Plate, top side up, and garnish with remaining 1/2 of the sugared strawberries.
- Dust with powdered sugar; serve with maple syrup as desired.
Calories from Fat 83 (48%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(27%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.