Spinach Egg Drop Soup
Spinach and Parmesan make for a slightly heartier version of traditional egg drop soup.
- 2 cans (14 to 14-1/2 oz. each) ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, squeezed dry
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat broth in large saucepan to simmering.
- Add spinach; cook 5 minutes. Add nutmeg. Adjust heat to maintain simmer.
- While gently stirring soup, slowly pour in eggs. Remove from heat immediately. Serve with cheese.
Calories from Fat 68 (50%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 6g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.