Spicy Tomato, Bean, and Veggie Soup
Here's a hearty, delicious, spicy, healthy, and soup. The tomato and white bean base works with just about any vegetables.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped (I used a red onion)
- 1 red, yellow, or green pepper
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 26-ounce jar marinara sauce or crushed tomatoes with Italian spices
- 2 14 ounce cans vegetable broth (can also use chicken)
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pastina pasta (or any small pasta)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Warm the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat and chop your veggies.
- Add the carrots, red pepper, onion, and garlic and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes. I let the veggies sauté a bit longer, like 5 to10 minutes on medium heat. It gave them a great crunch but still were cooked through.
- Add the jar of marinara sauce, broth, cannellini beans, red pepper flakes, pasta, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 to 20 min. Ladle into bowls, let it cool for a bit and then top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese!
Calories from Fat 45 (14%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 53g
(45%)Dietary Fiber 11g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.