Spicy African Chicken Peanut Soup
This unusual blend of bold flavors will shake up your taste buds.
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 18 oz boned and skinned chicken breast, (3 breast halves) cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 Tbs garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 cups chicken broth, (canned or homemade)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes, chopped (one 15-ounce can)
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, heat the sesame oil.
- Add chicken, onion and garlic, sautéing over medium heat until chicken pieces turn opaque.
- Add curry powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, tomato paste, stewed tomatoes and peanut butter.
- Heat through, but don’t boil. Serve hot.
Calories from Fat 98 (38%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 19g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.