Spanish Skillet Supper
When you're running low on time but not on hunger, this tasty skillet dish is perfect for a quick weeknight meal
- 1 (5.6-oz) package Spanish rice mix
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, mix rice with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer covered until rice is tender, about 4 minutes. Add salsa; stir to mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat to low. With spoon or spatula, make 4 indentions in rice mixture. Break 1 egg in each hole. Cover and cook until whites are completely set, and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, or about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Top each egg with ¼ cup cheese and serve.
Calories from Fat 90 (31%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.