Southwest Breakfast Burritos
Pepper Jack cheese adds a nice heat to this sausage, bell pepper, and scrambled egg burrito.
- 8 oz turkey breakfast sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 8-inch whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook sausage over medium heat, breaking into crumbles, until browned and cooked through. Pour off all but 1 Tbs drippings. Add bell pepper; sauté until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted spatula, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking—pulling, lifting, and folding eggs—until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spoon egg mixture into center of tortillas, dividing evenly; sprinkle with cheese. Fold in sides of tortillas, then roll up burrito-style.
Calories from Fat 172 (46%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(39%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 20g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.