Sole with Orange Raisin Sauce
Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD & Liz Weiss, MS, RD
Orange raisin sauce with nutmeg, brown sugar, and orange juice add sweet flavor to the sole.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs sole or flounder fillets (about 7 small fillets)
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 200° F.
- Combine the flour, flaxseed, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl and set aside. Coat the fish on both sides with the flour mixture, shake off excess, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add half of the coated fillets. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through. Put the cooked fish on a plate or baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and fish.
- Whisk together the orange juice, brown sugar, and cornstarch and add to the empty skillet along with the raisins and nutmeg. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, and continue to simmer and stir gently until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Place the fish on individual plates. Pour about 1/4 cup of the sauce over each piece and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 111 (23%)
(19%)Total Fat 13g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 55g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.