Smoked Salmon and Fresh Asparagus Sandwiches
Smoked salmon and cream cheese make this a hearty sandwich for lunch or dinner.
- 8 oz cream cheese (light or regular), softened
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground coarse black pepper or to taste
- 24 large asparagus spears, trimmed
- 6 oblong sandwich rolls, lightly toasted
- 12 oz thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- Thoroughly mix cream cheese, lemon zest and black pepper. Reserve.
- Put asparagus into a large skillet of boiling, salted water. Return to a boil; boil until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain well; spread on paper towel to cool.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread 1 generous tablespoon of reserved cream cheese mixture on sliced rolls. Divide salmon in 6 portions. Layer onion rings on bottom of roll, then 1 portion salmon and 4 asparagus spears, interspersing asparagus between slices of salmon. Cover sandwiches with tops; cut in half at a diagonal.
Calories from Fat 144 (43%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.