Smoked Cheddar Chicken Burger
When looking for a twist on the usual burger, try this one with ground chicken and smoked cheddar. It's sure to become a barbeque favorite.
- 1 1/3 lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 oz smoked Cheddar cheese, sliced
- 4 thick slices red onion
- 4 whole grain buns, sliced in half and lightly grilled
- garnish of mixed baby greens
- Mix chicken with 1/2 cup olives, breadcrumbs, barbecue sauce and green onions until evenly combined. Form into 4 (1/3 pound) patties and grill over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes.
- Flip burgers and cook for 4 more minutes, then sprinkle with remaining olives and place slices of cheese on top of each. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and burgers are cooked to desired doneness. While burgers are cooking, grill onion slices for 3-4 minutes on each side. Place one red onion slice on the bottom half of each bun. Top with burgers. Garnish with baby greens if desired and cover with bun.
Calories from Fat 167 (35%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 42g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.