Skewered Seafood Sandwiches
- 2/3 lb tuna steaks*, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 lb large shrimp (26 to 30 count), peeled and deveined
- 2 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Clove garlic, pressed
- 4 Slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 Leaves leaf lettuce
- 8 Thin slices tomatoes
- Place tuna and shrimp in a shallow, nonmetallic dish; set aside. Combine lemon juice and next 3 ingredients; pour over seafood and stir gently.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Drain, discarding marinade. Thread 3 shrimp and 2 tuna cubes alternately onto eight 6 inch skewers.
- Coat grill rack with vegetable cooking spray. Place kabobs on grill 4 to 5 inches from medium hot coals. Grill, turning once, just until shrimp is opaque and tuna begins to flake when tested with a fork, allowing about 3 minutes on each side.
- Arrange bread slices on individual serving plates. Spread teaspoons Lemon Caper Mayonnaise on each slice. Top each with a lettuce leaf and 2 tomato slices. Place 2 kabobs on each sandwich and carefully remove skewers. Top with remaining mayonnaise.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Substitution Tip: You can use swordfish, shark, halibut or salmon.
Calories from Fat 66 (17%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 35g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.