Simple, Healthy Asian Stir-Fry with Veggies and Tofu
Stir-fry—it's the easiest way to get a huge serving of veggies and protein that’s healthy, filling, and delicious.
- 2 16 oz packages of frozen Asian mixed veggies (I like the ones with the greatest variety)
- 4 Tbs low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 7 oz package firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 7 oz package teriyaki baked tofu, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry sauce
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 Tbs sesame seeds as a garnish (you can try cashews or almonds)
- Get your brown rice or quinoa cooking first because that takes the longest to cook in this recipe. Cut your tofu into ½-inch cubes and set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium to medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray, and pour the frozen veggies into the pan. Stir fry 5 to 10 min until the veggies are cooked through, add soy sauce to taste towards the end of the cooking process.
- Spray another pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Saute the tofu cubes until slightly crispy on the outside, add 1 to 2 Tbsp soy sauce towards the end of cooking for flavor. Add the tofu cubes to the veggies, and add ¼ cup Thai red curry sauce (or more to taste).
- Stir fry lightly just until the entire mixture is heated through. Sprinkle sesame seeds or nuts (or nothing at all) on top. Serve with brown rice or quinoa.
Calories from Fat 124 (37%)
(22%)Total Fat 15g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
(21%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.