Shrimp Pesto Linguine
Fresh pesto sauce and shrimp are tossed with peas and linguine for a quick and flavorful pasta meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce (purchased or homemade)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound shrimp or crab-flavored surimi seafood, flake-style; or a mixture of both products
- 8-10 ounces dried linguine, broken in half and cooked according to directions
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the peas, pesto sauce, pepper and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking liquid to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Add the shrimp or surimi seafood and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Divide the linguine among 4 bowls or shallow plates. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss gently. Sprinkle with parsley.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 103 (23%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 51g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.