Shrimp Pasta with Cognac Sauce & Smoked Salmon
Cognac and smoked salmon contribute to the elegance of this rich dish.
- 1 lb black tiger shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 oz smoked salmon, diced or salmon caviar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Cognac Sauce1 large leek
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Cognac
- Cognac SauceCut leek in half lengthwise; discarding tough green tops. Wash thoroughly. Chop and put in heavy saucepan; add cream. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook at a slow boil until reduced and thickened, about 30 minutes. Add cognac and cook 7 minutes. Remove from heat and pureé in blender or food processor to make a smooth sauce. Adjust seasonings. Keep warm.
- To Cook ShrimpBrush shrimp with olive oil and broil or grill, 3 or 4 inches from heat, until opaque; turning once. Gently toss pasta with cream sauce and diced smoked salmon or caviar. Asparagus tips or chives, optional.
- Mound pasta on warmed serving plates; top with shrimp and garnish with asparagus trips or chives; if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 398 (50%)
(69%)Total Fat 45g
(122%)Saturated Fat 24g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrate 61g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.