Seafood and Avocado Pocket Sandwich
Seafood, avocado, and tomatoes fill this sandwich with real California flavor.
- 8 ounce package surimi seafood, finely chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- 4 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- thin tomato slices (optional)
- lettuce leaves (optional)
- pita bread halves
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a bowl; mix well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- To serve, place a tomato slice and lettuce leaf (optional) in each pita half. Spoon seafood mixture into bread. Serve at once.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 131 (46%)
(24%)Total Fat 15g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(28%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.