Scampi Chicken Linguini
Basil and olives bring additional Mediterranean flavor to this simple meal.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast meat, chopped
- 1 Tbs all purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 lb linguini pasta, cooked
- 1 cup olives, whole, pitted
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Toss chicken with flour, salt and pepper and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large high-sided sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Add garlic, lower heat to medium and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, stirring as needed, until browned and cooked through. Stir in lemon juice and remaining butter, then toss with linguini, olives and basil.
Calories from Fat 102 (24%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.