Savory Veal Stew
Tender veal, baby carrots, and small potatoes make a hearty meal.
- 2- 1/2 lbs veal for stew, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (13-3/4 to 14-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 package (1 pound) baby carrots
- 1 lb small new red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Lightly coat veal with flour mixture. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown veal, 1/2 at a time; remove from Dutch oven.
- Add onion and garlic to Dutch oven; cook and stir 1 minute. Add veal, broth and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes; continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until veal and vegetables are fork-tender. Skim fat. Stir in peas; heat through.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 84 (28%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.