Santa Fe Corn Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) chili seasoning mix
- Sauce:3/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons green hot pepper sauce
- Brown ground beef with garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 6 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking beef up into small crumbles. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in beans, corn, tomato sauce, tomatoes and chili seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine sour cream and pepper sauce in small bowl. Serve with chili.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and zinc, and a good source of iron.
Calories from Fat 316 (50%)
(54%)Total Fat 35g
(77%)Saturated Fat 15g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrate 51g
(54%)Dietary Fiber 13g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.