Salmon and Blueberry Salad with Red Onion Vinaigrette
This exquisite summer salad looks perfect on the plate as a one-course meal.
- 1 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced in half rings
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 3 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1- 1/2 lbs salmon fillet, cut crosswise in 4 portions
- 6 cups lettuce leaves in bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a microwaveable cup, combine onion, red wine vinegar, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper; cover loosely with plastic wrap; microwave on high power for 1 minute. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until onions turn pink, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill or broiler. Brush 1 tablespoon of the olive oil on both sides of the salmon fillets; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Grill or broil salmon, skin side down, until just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Divide lettuce leaves among 4 dinner plates; place salmon in the center. With a slotted spoon, remove onions from vinegar; scatter onions, along with the blueberries, over and around the fish. Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons of the olive oil into the vinegar mixture; drizzle vinaigrette over salmon.
Calories from Fat 152 (50%)
(26%)Total Fat 17g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.