Root Vegetable Hash
Yams and sweet potatoes make an excellent base for this colorful and tasty hash.
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 (10oz.) yam, peeled and 1/2" dice
- 1/2 (5oz.) sweet potato, peeled and 1/2"dice
- 2 (5 oz.) parsnips, peeled and 1/2"dice
- 1 1/3 cups red onions, 1/2" dice
- 1 cup green bell peppers, 1/2" dice
- 1 cup olives, wedged
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped
- dash cinnamon, ground
- dash cayenne, ground
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high. Add yams, sweet potatoes and parsnips and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned for 8-9 minutes.
- Add onions and peppers and continue cooking for 7-8 minutes until vegetables are completely tender. Turn heat to low and season with olives, salt, thyme, cinnamon and cayenne. Serve hot.
Calories from Fat 129 (40%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.