Roasted Red Pepper Soup
This colorful soup, thickened with potato, makes the most of the sweet, smoky flavor of roasted red peppers.
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium russet potato, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 15-ounce jar roasted red peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- Sprigs of fresh marjoram or basil for garnish
- In a large saucepan, sauté garlic, onion and potato in olive oil over medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water and continue to cook 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add roasted red peppers and puree soup in a blender or food processor. Simmer over medium heat 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in lemon juice before serving. Serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Calories from Fat 41 (37%)
(7%)Total Fat 5g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 16g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.