Ribeye Steaks with Balsamic Mushroom Sauce
Balsamic vinegar gives a delicate tang to these savory steaks.
- 2 beef ribeye steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 9 to 12 ounces each)
- salt and pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cremini or button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 3/4-inch thick steaks 8 to 10 minutes (1-inch thick steaks 12 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Remove steaks; keep warm. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Add mushrooms and thyme to same skillet; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Remove mushrooms; set aside. Add balsamic vinegar to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir 7 to 10 minutes or until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved and sauce is reduced to 1/4 cup. Stir in butter, mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve sauce with steaks.
Calories from Fat 24 (44%)
(40%)Total Fat 26g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.