Reunion Pasta Salad
Frozen vegetables and pre-sliced mushrooms make this a quick and easy salad that is perfect for dropping on a potluck table.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb bag frozen bean and carrot mixture (baby carrots, green and yellow beans)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 8 oz package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Dressing1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp basil leaves
- 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks. Salt and pepper lightly, if desired.
- In medium bowl, blend dressing ingredients.
- In Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding frozen vegetables after 8 minutes. Return to a boil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender. Rinse in cold water to cool; drain.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook and stir 7 to 9 minutes or until chicken is browned and internal juices run clear.
- In very large bowl, combine pasta, vegetables, chicken, mushrooms and tomatoes; mix well. Add dressing to salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate thoroughly before serving.
- Serve at family reunions and other large gatherings.
Calories from Fat 87 (30%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.