Rainbow Trout with Horseradish Crust and Saffron Sauce
Dill, horseradish, and a saffron sauce deliver a burst of savory flavor to the trout fillets.
- 7 1/2 oz rye bread, sliced
- 3 Tbs minced dill weed
- 3 Tbs prepared horseradish
- 4 oz smoked salmon, minced
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 12 4 ounces rainbow trout fillets
- saffron, for garnish
- Saffron Sauce3 cups fish stock
- 3 cups cream
- 2 pinches saffron
- salt and pepper
- Finely chop rye bread. Mix in dill weed, horseradish, smoked salmon, pepper, and melted butter; reserve.
- Per filet, apply 1/2 cup crust mixture to flesh side of trout. Broil until trout turns opaque or crust turns golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve with 1/4 cup Saffron Sauce; garnish with a few saffron threads.
- Saffron SauceStir together 3 cups each fish stock and cream with 2 pinches saffron. Cook until reduced by half; season with salt and pepper. Reserve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 243 (58%)
(42%)Total Fat 27g
(72%)Saturated Fat 14g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.