Quick Vegetarian Curry
Recipe from Mary Martha Shaw
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2-inch (1-cm) piece of fresh ginger, cut into very thin strips
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 or 3 medium-sized potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch (1-cm) cubes
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small flowers
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp organic cane sugar or honey
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 to 2 cups (240 to 480mL) coconut milk
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat a 1 1/2-quart (1.2-L) skillet. Add the oil.
- Add the ginger, cumin, and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds pop, add the potatoes and cauliflower, browning slightly.
- Next add the turmeric, coriander, curry, sugar, and salt. Sauté a minute or two longer.
- Combine the tomato paste and coconut milk; add to the vegetables along with the beans.
- Continue simmering until the vegetables are fork-tender, then add the chopped cilantro.
- Serve over rice with chapatis.
Calories from Fat 120 (37%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(44%)Dietary Fiber 11g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.