Quick Chicken and Mushroom Indian Curry
Coriander, cinnamon, and curry paste infuse the flavors of India into this dish that's surprisingly quick to make.
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms (white or crimini)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 Tbs mild Indian curry paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into quarters
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 3 cups small broccoli or cauliflower florets
- 1 can (19 oz) lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup plain low fat yogurt
- In large deep non-stick saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and stir-fry 2-3 minutes and then add mushrooms and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in garlic, 3 tbsp curry paste and cinnamon; then add quartered chicken thighs and stir-fry 2-3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes with juice; cover and reduce heat to medium-low and cook about 10 minutes. Taste and stir in more curry if desired. Add broccoli or cauliflower and lentils; bring to boil, cover and cook about 3-5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp and tender. Stir in cilantro and serve topped with a dollop of yogurt. Accompany it with naan bread or basmati rice.
Calories from Fat 118 (33%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(48%)Dietary Fiber 12g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.