Quick & Spicy Beef Chuck Steaks
Crushed red pepper and chili powder bring a nice amount of heat to these beef chuck eye steaks.
- 4 boneless beef chuck eye steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Marinade:1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Combine oil, garlic, chili powder, oregano and red pepper in small skillet; cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes. Cool slightly. Stir in vinegar and sugar. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Remove steaks; discard marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 9 to 11 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Season with salt.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 97 (37%)
(16%)Total Fat 11g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.