This easy replacement for canned pumpkin can be frozen in small batches so you always have it on hand.
- 1-2 Small pumpkins (about 8 pounds each)
- water (as needed)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Slice the top of the pumpkin off with the stem. Cut the pumpkin into quarters. Scoop out the inside and discard. (Save seeds if you wish to make toasted pumpkin seeds.)
- Place the pumpkin quarters onto the cookie sheet and bake for 45 – 60 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- When the pumpkin has cooled to room temperature, peel off the skin. This should be fairly easy to do by hand. Discard the skin.
- Place the roasted pumpkin in a food processor and pulse until smooth. You may need to add some water. I used about ¼ cup.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze for future use.
Calories from Fat 4 (3%)
(1%)Total Fat 1g
(1%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.