Try this trick for adding pumpkin pie flavor (without all the calories and fat from pie) to toast, smoothies, oatmeal, cookies, lattes, and more.
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh apple cider
- 1 Tbs freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- In a medium sauce pan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until thickened.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Calories from Fat 3 (4%)
(1%)Total Fat 0g
(1%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 19g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.