Prosciutto & Asiago Rice Cakes With Pesto Aioli
These flavorful cakes make a great brunch bite.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs prepared basil pesto
- 3 cups cooked medium grain white rice
- 2/3 cup grated asiago cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 oz thinly sliced prosciutto (Italian cured ham), chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Combine mayonnaise and pesto in small bowl; refrigerate. Combine rice, cheese, eggs, prosciutto and pepper in large bowl and mix well. Shape into 20 patties, about 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Saute half the patties 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown; remove from pan. Cook remaining patties, using additional oil, if needed. Serve with pesto aioli sauce.
Substitution Tip: Sun-dried tomato pesto may be substituted.
Calories from Fat 119 (50%)
(21%)Total Fat 13g
(19%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.