Presidential Brownie Sundaes
Chocolate brownies and creamy vanilla ice cream make this an all-time favorite.
- Sundae:6 small squares of chocolate brownies
- 1/4 cup warm bittersweet chocolate sauce
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 2 Tbs chopped, salted pecans
- 6 fresh bing cherries with stem attached
- Chocolate Brownies:1 1/2 oz semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Sundae:Arrange 3 brownie squares on each of two serving plates or shallow bowls. Top each square with a small scoop of ice cream. Drizzle chocolate sauce over ice cream and brownies. Sprinkle nuts over the top. Top each scoop of ice cream with a cherry and serve.
- Chocolate Brownies:Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Melt the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler then let cool. In a small bowl beat eggs and sugar until light in color and add to the chocolate mixture. In another bowl sift together the flour, salt and baking powder; add to the chocolate mixture along with the vanilla and nuts. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares. Makes 1 dozen brownies.
Recipe courtesy of the California Milk Advisory Board
Note: Preparation time includes only the steps for making the sundaes.
Substitution Tip: Box mix or pre-made brownies work great, too.
Calories from Fat 314 (48%)
(56%)Total Fat 36g
(57%)Saturated Fat 11g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrate 79g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.