Pork Tenderloin Satay with Brandy Pear Relish
This recipe can be an enticing appetizer or the main event. To save time, the pear relish can be prepared the day before.
- 1 pork tenderloin, (about 1 pound), partially frozen
- 1 15 1/4 oz can Bartlett pears in heavy syrup
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs brandy
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, (optional)
- 16-18 6-inch wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- To make relish, drain pears, reserving juice; chop and set aside. Pour pear juice into 1-quart saucepan; stir in preserves, onion, brandy, ginger and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil gently for 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced and slightly thickened. Remove from heat; allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, slice pork tenderloin into 1/4-inch-thick medallions; place in a resealable plastic bag. Pour about 1/2 cup cooled juice mixture over pork in bag; seal and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Gently stir together chopped pears, remaining juice mixture and raisins; refrigerate until serving time. When ready to cook, spray broiler pan with cooking spray and preheat broiler. Discard the marinade. Thread pork medallions onto skewers. Place pork skewers on broiler pan about 7 inches from broiler. Broil for 3 minutes per side. Serve with Brandy Pear Relish.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Ingredient Note: If apricot pieces are too large, use kitchen shears to cut into small pieces.
Ingredient Note: Soaking wooden skewers in water helps to keep them from charring under the broiler.
Calories from Fat 10 (9%)
(2%)Total Fat 1g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 19g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.